Threat Analyzer: Predictive, Preventive & Reactive Anti-X
The recent advances in Web technologies have led to powerful capabilities that offer exciting functionality for users. New AJAX-based Web applications are as powerful as desktop applications, & dynamic user-generated content introduces a new avenue for attacks on the Web browser. The Web is becoming the new operating system, creating the need for a new type of protection. This is particularly true for legitimate Web sites that may have been infected with malicious code. When a known, trusted Web site is hacked, the deficiencies of a Web security solution based solely on URL filtering are exposed. These types of attacks transform thousands of credible business pages into malware-peddling portals every day.
The Threat Analyzer™ engine integrates multiple layers of technology analysis to ensure the safest Web browsing experience possible:
- Traffic Behavior Analysis: The Threat Analyzer incorporates local & global traffic behavior monitoring to identify anomalous activity.
- Anti-Malware: advanced anti-malware engines perform extensive file behavior analysis to examine files & identify potentially dangerous behavior even without a virus signature.
- Filetype Blocking: The Threat Analyzer blocks pre-determined file types known to carry malicious content before your users can download.
- Bot Detection: The Bot Detector monitors HTTP traffic for bot signatures such as command-and-control traffic to identify infected networks.
- Anti-virus Signatures: Signature-based anti-virus protects against previously identified viruses. This service integrates industry-leading anti-virus signatures, updated hourly, to provide a rapid response to new known security threats.